• Categories

  • Advertisements

Denny the Dodger

Back in July, Denny Rehberg signed the Let Freedom Ring, “Responsible Healthcare Reform Pledge“. He pledged to not vote to enact any health care reform legislation that he has not read personally in it’s entirity and that has not been available on the internet for at least 72 hours. The good news is, that Denny has read the entire 1,990 page House health care bill that was released on Thursday. Since he left Washington almost immediately for an “emergency meeting” in Billings yesterday, we can only assume that he read the bill on the plane.

We know that he has read the entire bill, because he released a line-by-line critique to the folks at the Billings meeting. He could not, of course, have such a depth of knowledge of the bill unless he had read the whole thing. The fact that his bullet points almost exactly match those of Rush Limbaugh was surely just a coincidence.

Yes, this is the same Denny Rehberg whose brilliant legislative career includes sponsoring 25 bills, zero of which have made it into law ranking him 37th out of 440 members according to OpenCongress. Three of the 118 bills that he co-sponsored have made it into law and he votes 90% of the time with Republicans. I can’t imagine where the other 10% goes. He still wants to take a 30-day vacation before even thinking about health care. I guess it gives him a headache.

I drilled a bit deeper at the OnTheIssues website. Here’s where your Congressman stands;

  • Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 100% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)
  • Rated 21% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)
  • Rated 0% by the HRC, indicating an anti-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
  • Rated 31% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)
  • Rated 25% by the NEA, indicating anti-public education votes. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 0% by the CAF, indicating opposition to energy independence. (Dec 2006)
  • Rated 0% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 11% by APHA, indicating a anti-public health voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 7% by the AFL-CIO, indicating an anti-union voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 10% by the ARA, indicating an anti-senior voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Rated 0% by the AU, indicating opposition to church-state separation. (Dec 2006)

That’s pretty much Denny in a nutshell. We report, you vote.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: